About this course
This one-day course will provide the general dental practitioners with further knowledge and hands-on experience in minor oral surgical procedures. The course will be based on a combination of lectures and practical training on the model to demonstrate a range of procedures and will help build the delegates' confidence.
- Overview of minor oral surgical procedures carried out in general dental practice and to improve the provision of these procedures by the GDP.
- Review the understanding of extractions, surgical removal of teeth and other minor oral surgical procedures.
- Enhance the understanding of flap design, suturing and bone removal, opportunity to practice flap design and suturing.
- Review of knowledge about complications and post-operative care.
- Medical, Clinical & radiographic assessment of patients for minor oral surgical procedures.
- When to refer the patient.
This hands-on course will use models to practice the following:
- Surgical techniques
- Suturing techniques
This hands-on course is designed for dentists with limited oral surgery experience looking to improve their confidence.
Elias Messo, DDS, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Uppsala, Sweden
Elias Messo, certified specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery in 2004, was trained in Örebro University Hospital, under Prof. Ragnar Adell, and with a fellowship at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, UTSW Dallas, Texas, USA, under Prof. Edward Ellis III in 2003.
Worked at the Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, until 2010, with research, focus on orbital fractures, computer-assisted surgery for reconstructive surgery and implants rehabilitation of the maxillofacial region. During this time, he was heading multiple collaborations for the development of technical assistance for advanced surgery, for example, Synthes Materialise crew for modifying surgical guides for reconstructive surgery and custom-made implants, and collaboration with BrainLab to implement and develop new areas/fields for the use of Navigation tools in the Cranio and Maxillofacial surgery.
Joining UKKC, one of the leading implant treatment centres in Sweden, in 2010 Elias Messo focused on clinically orientated implantology and digital workflow. Currently, with the new venture Colosseum Dental Group, Elias is working both clinically and with multiple collaborations both internal within the Colosseum Group, and external with the Straumann Research team in Basel, developing and improving new implant design and instruments.
Professional Dental Alliance (Nationally or Locally) Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 10/1/2018 to 9/30/2021 Provider ID# 352655