About this course
2 1/2 day course with combined theoretical and surgical teaching sessions, practical work on model and pig jaw. Great emphasis will be placed on tissue handling. Includes Straumann Smart Online training.
Participants should be able to:
- In a scientific and proven way, select patients for treatment.
- Independently perform simpler types of implant surgery treatment.
- Understand and prevent risks and complications.
- Gain insight and understanding of the Straumann Dental Implant System.
The course is start-up training aimed at dentists who want to learn how to perform simple implant surgery procedures. Previous implant prosthetic experience and dentoalveolar surgery is an advantage.
- Oral Surgery: Medical, pharmacological, and surgical aspects.
- Osseointegration, biological aspects and principles.
- Pre-operational investigation.
- Implant installation: step-by-step.
- Practical practice, sterile dressing and dressing of the patient.
- Organization and procedures for surgery.
- Practical training on model and pig jaw.
- Post-operational procedures and post-checks.
- Hygiene routines. Prosthetic therapy planning.
- Straumann Dental Implant System.
The course includes Straumann Smart Online Education:
- Unique 24/7 opportunity for self-study.
- Clinical films. Checklists, schedule.
- Technical product information.
- Knowledge tests.
- Access to selected ITI Online Academy learning modules.
Elias Messo, DDS, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Uppsala, Sweden
Elias Messo, certified specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery in 2004, was trained in Örebro University Hospital, under Prof. Ragnar Adell, and with a fellowship at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, UTSW Dallas, Texas, USA, under Prof. Edward Ellis III in 2003.
Worked at the Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, until 2010, with research, focus on orbital fractures, computer-assisted surgery for reconstructive surgery and implants rehabilitation of the maxillofacial region. During this time, he was heading multiple collaborations for the development of technical assistance for advanced surgery, for example, Synthes Materialise crew for modifying surgical guides for reconstructive surgery and custom-made implants, and collaboration with BrainLab to implement and develop new areas/fields for the use of Navigation tools in the Cranio and Maxillofacial surgery.
Joining UKKC, one of the leading implant treatment centres in Sweden, in 2010 Elias Messo focused on clinically orientated implantology and digital workflow. Currently, with the new venture Colosseum Dental Group, Elias is working both clinically and with multiple collaborations both internal within the Colosseum Group, and external with the Straumann Research team in Basel, developing and improving new implant design and instruments.
Professional Dental Alliance (Nationally or Locally) Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 10/1/2018 to 9/30/2021 Provider ID# 352655